2019 STIHL MS 251
New compact chain saw with a low emission and fuel-efficient engine
The MS 251 is the successor to the popular MS 250 chain saw. This mid-sized unit will deliver great power to get through those bigger cutting jobs. Powered by a low emission and fuel-efficient stratified scavenging engine, it features the STIHL Quickstop® inertia chain brake, Master Control Lever™, anti-vibration system, carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers and a high power-toweight ratio, making this unit a great chain saw for home or small property owners. Part of STIHL's new generation of fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly chain saws.
- Displacement (cc): 45.6
- Power output kW: 2.2
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 4.8 / 10.6
- Featured price bar (in): 16
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Tool free fuel caps: Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Side-mounted chain tensioning: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 45.6 cc
- Horse Power
- 2.2 kW
- 4.8 kg (10.6 lb.)